Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

Ignition

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2017, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition

Ok, bone head mistake, long story short, 05 suburban 1500, installer spliced into a ignition wire off of remote start wire to power up another device under the center console. That wire was accidentally dropped and touched metal ( ground) while the truck was running, it made the truck shut off, and now you turn the key and get nothing, no dash at all , I changed the ignition switch and still nothing, anyone know of any fuse that I might have missed as now I'm stuck trying to figure this out, help.....
Old March 27th, 2017, 2:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by dewayne22
Ok, bone head mistake, long story short, 05 suburban 1500, installer spliced into a ignition wire off of remote start wire to power up another device under the center console. That wire was accidentally dropped and touched metal ( ground) while the truck was running, it made the truck shut off, and now you turn the key and get nothing, no dash at all , I changed the ignition switch and still nothing, anyone know of any fuse that I might have missed as now I'm stuck trying to figure this out, help.....
You didn't post that you checked any fuse. I'd suggest check them all.
Old March 27th, 2017, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

I checked all the fuses that you can visually check, don't know how to check the relays...
Old March 27th, 2017, 7:29 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

There is one marked INST, that's instrument, if you have no dash at all, that one should be blown. How did you check the fuses?
Old March 27th, 2017, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

I used a power probe 3 and touched all of the fuses for signal.?
Old March 27th, 2017, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you so much kevinkpt, for your help, it wasn't the INST FUSE, it was the ignition B, but I didn't know how to check the long fuses with the 2 looking ***** in them as it didn't look blown, but I accidentally broke the glass off of the top trying to remove it and saw the difference, took another one and put it in and now I have power!!!! Thank you again!!!! Sorry kevinkpk...

Last edited by dewayne22; March 27th, 2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Misspellings