Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

89 k1500 won't start

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2008, 9:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 k1500 won't start

I've got an 89 silverado k1500 and recently died on me while I was slowing to a stop sign. It would not start. I replaced the ICM within the distributor and it fired right up. A couple weeks later, the same thing happened. Replaced the ICM again and it fired back up. A third time this happened and this time the ICM did not fix the problem. I've also replaced the distributor cap and the coil but still am not getting a spark. I noticed also that this time the fuel injectors are no longer spraying fuel. I've checked all related fuses and made sure the fuel pump was in fact working. I've not tried to replace the map sensor, yet. I didn't know if that would matter. Does anyone know a problem that would cause both the ignition and the fuel delivery to cease. The ECU is the only thing I could think of but that's kindof a pricy guess. Any suggestions would be appreciated.