Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Won't stay running / now won't start

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2008, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't stay running / now won't start

I have an 02 Sub 4x4 with 110K on the clock. I've had a problem for several months with it bogging, then stalling only to start right back up and not have any issues. It never threw any codes and the fuel pump has always been running. Hot or cold doesn't seem to matter.

Recently, it was trying to stall out when I parked it two months ago. All attempts to start have been unsuccessful ever since. Fuel pump is still running with fuel pressure on the rail.

I'm assuming that it may be the crankshaft or cam sensor from past experience with other makes and models. Is there any way to test for a fault with these sensors if they aren't throwing codes? Would they normally throw a code in a GM? I've tried numerous searches here on the forum and haven't found an answer yet. I've explored the fuel related issues and don't think that the problem lies there. Anybody have any other suggestions or ideas?
Old June 11th, 2008, 2:56 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Won't stay running / now won't start

You should first see if there is spark, fuel(are the injectors firing?)and compression.