Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

AC setup in GENIV swap into 1997 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2009, 8:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC setup in GENIV swap into 1997 Tahoe

Hi, I guess I need a little help from the pros...
I did a 2007 5.3 LMG swap into my 1997 Tahoe. It's time to set up the AC system. As long as we don't have a way to generate the AC request signal on the CAN bus and use the '07 AC pressure sensor and the E38 to do the work we have to work around this issue.

I have the AC Compressor (internal variable displacement from a 2007 6cylinder GM truck..) on the Kwik bracket kit lined up ( I had quite a few alignment issues.. ). I made custom AC hoses on the basis of the OEM 2007 Tahoe hoses ( some aluminum welding required..) now its time for the wiring.

The 1997 system has a pressure cycling switch (close to the service port on the compressor), a high pressure switch (back of the compressor) and another pressure switch on the receiver/drier (I guess that's the one for the recirculation motor..).

Ok the cycling switch and the pressurer switch at the drier are NO with no pressure applied. My question now is, does the normal refrigerant charge build enough pressure to close the cycling switch so that it's function is to open when the pressure rises above a certain value, or is it the other way round that the cycling pressure switch stays open until the pressure is too high and then it closes?

any ideas??
Harald