Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Fuel tank swap: 99 Silvy & 97 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2009, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel tank swap: 99 Silvy & 97 Blazer

Ok let me start off by saying that I have a 99 NBS Silverado that is on airbags. The reason I am trying this swap is so that I do not accidently drag my gas tank and rupture it. I know I will be going from a 32 gal to a 16 gallon tank and I am fine with that.
What I am trying to do is find out if it is possible to take a fuel tank from a 1997 S10 Blazer 4X4 4 door with the 4.3 vortec motor and stick it into my 1999 NBS Silverado 2X4 with the 4.3. I have looked around to try and find pictures on the internet to get a look at the connectors to see if they are the same or not. I called my local Chevrolet dealer and all they could tell me is if both vehicles 8th digit is W then I am somewhat on the right path but would not/could not tell me if the fuel sending unit connectors are the same. I can cut the harness off of the blazer since it is more of a donor vehicle before it heads to scrap I just don't want to go cutting my harness until I am sure of the wires that have to be spliced back together (+ to + or - to - and etc.) or cutting them and finding out that it won't work at all.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.