Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1993 sierra 1500 2wd

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '93 Sierra STUMPED!

I just bought a 1993 sierra 1500 2wd truck that i am planning on fixing up, make it look good, but i want to start on the engine first. me and my fiance are putting in a 350 (the truck has a 305 in it now) but i want to get the 305 running good first because we want to put our camaro in the shop. the truck started up and drove fine when we bought it, but when we put gas in it i think it stirred up the settlement at the bottom of the tank. it was bogging the whole time we drove it, until it just wouldn't run at all anymore. we've replaced the fuel filter, idle air control valve, and battery cuz it needed one, and now it idles fine... but the minute you put it in gear it chokes out and dies. we power brake it and go and it'll stay on, but it boggs the whole time, and dies constantly. the line going from the map sensor to the throttle body wasn't connected, the minute we hooked it back up, the truck died... does that have something to do with it?

thanks,
Elie

Last edited by MissElieMae; March 18th, 2009 at 4:33 PM.
Old March 18th, 2009, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, i replaced the map sensor. when everything is all hooked up it idles but it boggs pretty bad, and sometimes even dies. when i went around and unhooked the vacuum line to the throttle body it idled perfectly fine. it still dies when you put it in gear though... so what is going on? i bought the fuel pump for it, but i haven't put it in yet, hopefully that could be the solution?