Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

For a GM tech

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2009, 12:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For a GM tech

Can you replace the VCIM (onstar module) in a 2009 Cobalt? My car doesn't have bluetooth, but it has all the other parts required except the correct VCIM. I have part# 25983684 and I would need part# 25983683. There is only one part number and $30 price between the two parts. I can swap the part out physically, what do I need to do programing wise to get it to work? How do they usually replace a defective onstar module? Is there any chance a dealer would be able to program this for me?

thanks in advance
Old April 17th, 2019, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am experiencing a new electrical issue with my 2008 Yukon Denali. When you turn the key you get nothing, no click or anything. The lights do come on and the dash lights light up. If I turn the key all the way off and try again, sometimes it will start and other it still will not. A large percentage of the time when it does start, it will run for a few seconds and then die. Once it does start again it will run. I have looked on tech boards and seen everything form corroded ground cable, short in the solenoid, to the injector control module. I did check and replace the battery yesterday, but did not cure the issue. The truck does not die while driving, so a short in the ground cable seems the least likely. Any suggestions on where to start?