Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Here we go again Guys.... Fuel or Electronics

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2009, 8:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here we go again Guys.... Fuel or Electronics

So I completely put my 600 CFM Edle back together and slapped it back on, the entire carb is set to factory setting, everything measured out PERFECT! Still won't start, does the same thing as the last time I posted this, Turns over perfect, never touch the timing, still set perfect from the last time it was running, does not matter whether or not if the choke is on or off, but it still tries to fire when I put the pedal to the floor?? Other than that it just turns over with no chance of fire??? Lets start with this.... Fuel Pump, how do I know if it is good, I am deffently getting fuel, but am I getting too much, or not enough? I am running a 25 Gal fuel cell, with a mechanical pump, I have not ran new A-N fittings, just rubber for about a foot to the stock lines, that should not matter because it ran great before.... Secondly, I am getting spark... But is it hot enough, too hot, or just not the right firing order, in the last week I have double checked the order, over and over and over agian, 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2, I know I am right, Leads to the coil are all good... Am I missing something so small that I would just look right over it??? LMK Please, any help is greatly appreciated.... I have a important run this weekend, and am going to be disapointted if I can't make it : (
Old May 14th, 2009, 8:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check timing? Also i had a manual choke on my 85 they are junk! Do you have an automatic? I have one i will give you if you pay for shipping! Also change plugs they are cheap and it sounds like they might be fouled out!
Old May 14th, 2009, 8:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Manual Choke, I never had a problem with the manual choke, in fact I never even used the choke on there until I started having a problem with it starting, it came down to putting your hand over top of the carb before it would start... then I threw a cable on it and everything has been going down hill from there : ( , Plugs are very new, not brand new, but less than 1 mo. old, same with cap, rotor, coil, and wires???? I can take them out AGAIN and clean them up, but my focus is more towards the Carb, what do you have, Model #, Possibly production year, cost and location. Thank you man
Old May 14th, 2009, 9:37 PM
Super Moderator

I dont have a carb i meant i have a manual choke! Sorry wish i did have one. I used to have an Edelbrock 850.
Old May 15th, 2009, 8:22 AM
CF Junior Member

Cody, I will pull the dist, and double check TDC and put new plug in and see where that gets me, what I don't understand is that if it was the timing, it turns over perfect and there is no jumping, it should start, unless the rotor is is 180 off, but I am 198% sure that it is perfect.... But it never hurts to double check...
Old May 15th, 2009, 1:06 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah double check your timing and replace the plugs and report back to me and we will go over some more stuff! Good Luck