Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

installing newwer seats.

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2008, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing newwer seats.

I just recently purchased a 1996 gmc sierra, and the front seats are all worn out. it is the basic SL model with the 60/40 bench. I want to install a newer seat which has the middle fold down console which can fold back up into a seat, along with the reclining feature. As mine is the striaght bench right across with out any of these features. I was wondering how newer of a seat can i install into the cab, as to i have a bad back and would like to get the most recently designed seat chevy makes as possible egronimically wise. I was told by a dealer 96 to 98 truck seats are compatible, and by a auto wrecking yard 88-98 all truck seats are compatiable. Is there any chance that a 03 or even a 02 seat would be able to fit in this truck because i have recently sat in one and those seats are very comfortable. anyones input on this matter would be greatly much appreciated because my truck is going to be out of the shop next week and the hunt for a better seat will begin thank you for your time.

//
Old March 19th, 2008, 11:10 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: installing newwer seats.

If you don't mind doing some quick modifications to the the seat mounts, those later model seats should go in easy enough. Make sure if you get electric adjusting seats, you will have run power to them if your Sierra doesn't have electric seats already. Same thing with the heated seats feature. Good luck with it and hopefullyeverything turns out well.