Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Installing 3rd Row Seats - 2002 Tahoe LT 2x2

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2007, 12:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing 3rd Row Seats - 2002 Tahoe LT 2x2

Hey all! New to this forum but it looks like the best place to post the following:

Has anyone installed 3rd row seats in a Tahoe that originally did not come so equipped?

I've purchased off of Ebay 3rd row seats that match my interior perfectly. From what I've been told the actually installation is fairly easy but I cannot find any information as to how to actually go about doing it.

What bolts do I get? Ebay has listing of this set of bolts to install the 3rd row seats but is that all I need? If I don't get them off of Ebay, would I get them from the dealer? If I want it "professionally" installed, (at least where the fit and finish is done nicely), where do I go?

I once called the body shop of my local Chevy dealer and they said they would not do it.

Any advice anyone can give would be great! I bought the vehicle from a single friend of mine, (thus, no 3rd row seats!), and right now, since it only fits five passengers, this car is just a big sedan for me. I need the 3rd row to haul the extra kids around.

Thanks all!
Joe
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:14 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Installing 3rd Row Seats - 2002 Tahoe LT 2x2

ORIGINAL: joeATL1020
I once called the body shop of my local Chevy dealer and they said they would not do it.
That is probably due to liability. It not just as simple as bolting it to the floor. The Tahoe's that come from the factory have reinforced areas where the seats are anchored among other safety features. The bolts could rip out of the front in a collision if they are not anchored correctly. I would be very reluctant to play around with safety when the passengers in the 3rd row will most likely be children. I sorry to say, unless it came from chevy with a third row I would not chance it.