Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

mounting brackets

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2009, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting brackets

I am trying to replace my power steering pump and the mounting bracket is something of an acute triangle; a bolt fits on the bottom, a bolt fits on the top right, and it appears as though the top left could have to do with positioning for the proper tension on the belt, but I'm not sure, and also on the opposite side there's a post that is definitely for belt tension as it fits into a long slider and has a nut on the end of it to keep the position.

Do I need a bolt in the upper left portion of the bracket? I can't see well enough to see if it plugs in to anything or not.

Any help is appreciated!
Old March 7th, 2009, 5:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, that's been dealt with.

new issue; I added fluid, and now when I crank the wheel, it will drop all the fluid out of the bottom of the car and it's a bit foamy.

My reading tells me that this is an air leak, and looking heuristically it looks like I'm having a pressure issue as well since I can steer normally for a minute, and then it sprays out and I can't steer for crap again.

Anyone with helpful suggestions would rock.