Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

No Low Beams or DRLs

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2007, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Low Beams or DRLs

Have a 98 tahoe. Both the DRLs and the low beams quit working. High beams are fine. Replaced the headlight switch and it did not fix the problem. Any ideas?

Yes I checked to make sure fuses and bulbs were good and they are.

Any help would be great!
Old November 19th, 2007, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: No Low Beams or DRLs

Have the same problem with 96 Tahoe, my guess is the headlight dimmer switch, which is the turn signal, cruise and hazards all it one switch. You can buy at Parts houses like Auto Zone and o'Riely and so forth, even on EBAY, that is where I bought mine, however not installed mine as yet. A few guys posted on here, don't remember what thread but maybe a moderator can help. One guy said $80 labor. I am going to try myself maybe this weekend. Let me know what you find out. I have been driving around with brights. The part number is the same for pick ups and so forth from 95/96 and up. Hope this gives you a little insight. Guy said to check headlight switch first, I did as you did and did not make any difference. Good Luck!! Dave
Old November 19th, 2007, 9:56 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the input. I to have been driving with my brights on but I got pulled over for not DIMMING my brights! No ticket thank goodness! Any way, I moved my bright sockets into where my low beam are and just left my low beams hang. Took the lights out of peoples eyes, but I swear I can't see where I'm going now![:-] Lights must project differently. Hopefully I can get to that dimmer switch soon. Not a cheap part!
Old December 1st, 2007, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Just to update, I did change the switch assembly and now everything works. I would not say easy but would do again in half the time. I did loose my high beams too and that is when I parked it and changed the switch the next day. Let me know how you came out? Dave Tyler