Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Please help. 1991 chevy sprint

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2007, 1:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help. 1991 chevy sprint

Hi guysI have a 1991 chevrolet sprint. It turns over but wont start? What could be wrong? WhenI first got in it and sputtered for half a second if that,then after that nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. It's the 3cyl engine.
Old April 26th, 2007, 1:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Please help. 1991 chevy sprint

An engine needs three basic things to work. Fuel, Spark, and compression. Assuming it is getting fuel, and assuming it isnt destroyed internally, the next best area to look into is the spark aspect of it. Look at the plugs to see if they are soaking wet and/ or fouled out. If they are, you should replace them. Check your timing as well as the condition of your cap and rotor. You cant always see if its bad or not, so if youre not sure how old, its always good to replace them as well. This should be the least expensive as well as labor friendly.
Old April 27th, 2007, 5:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Please help. 1991 chevy sprint

alright well i figured it had no gas so i put some in and still didnt start so i put some down the carb and it started and ran on the gas i put in so its the fuel pump or filter, right?