Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

power steering control valve removal

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2016, 12:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default power steering control valve removal

I merely want to change my pressure hose on my power steering.1992 - 5.7 litre engine. I can't get the flared end of the hose to turn that's attached to the pump but the larger nut, the control valve assembly turns. I was thinking of cutting the hose and spinning the valve assembly with spring out, and take it to the bench to work on the hose fitting. The control valve nut (24) is so thin I can't get any of my tools to fit and hold it while trying to remove the hose fitting. That's my prob. Am I asking for any trouble removing this and getting it back in? As long as it doesn't require any adjustments or the spring is too hard to decompress I really don't see any pitfalls......thanks for any input!
Attached Images  
Old January 3rd, 2017, 9:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never mind gang....I've decided to change out the pump itself. It is almost 25 years old and did have a slight whine to it.