Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Sagging doors 92 P/U

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2007, 5:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sagging doors 92 P/U

Hey guys....my 92 C1500 has a bad sagging driver door. About an inch or two from original location. Is there a way to fix these? My buddy across the street took the peg (little stud attatched to the body itself)from the jamb and moved it down by re-drilling a new hole. I tried that, but the whole the peg hole is in is egged out. (?) Like somebody else jacked with it. Short of removing the door, is there an easier way to fix this? Why did Chevy glue the dang friggin' doors on for??!!
Old October 18th, 2007, 1:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Sagging doors 92 P/U

is it to far along for new door pins? thatnormally fixes chevys sagging door issue,
Old October 21st, 2007, 11:51 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Sagging doors 92 P/U

Fixed my problem...if anyone wants to know a simple, 15 minute fix for sagging doors, here it is. Remove the stud from the door jamb, the one with the TORX bit head. Reach in behind the plastic trim, behind the seat and grab the backing plate the stud screws into. Take everything out. Get a 5/8 drill bit and drill out a little lower than the existing hole. You will have varying measurements depending on sag amount. Replace the striker stud and tighten down. Door should now shut like a charm. Now this of course should be for an old work truck beater like mine, not something nice you're making payments on. I could have done hinge pins and went through a big 2 hour mess, but this worked fine. Door is still sagging but shuts with minimal effort.