Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Rear bumper sagging in a spot, how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2012, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Rear bumper sagging in a spot, how to fix?

I just bought this 07 tahoe and I'm noticing little things that I need to fix. The rear bumper on the left side is sagging a bit in one spot. I can't find any damage to the rear of the tahoe, and nothing looks like it's been knocked out of alignment or unbolted and loose. I circled the area in the print. Can the bumper be heated in that area and pushed up to take the droop out and make it even all on each side.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 4:30 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If it's a certified used truck, the dealer should fix it.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I hadn't already taken delivery of it, I would try that. If it's something defective with bumpers I could probably take it to any chevy dealer and get it covered under the 12/12 certified warranty. is there a TSB about this? I've heard it's a fairly common issue.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 5:05 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

First time I've heard of it. If it's covered then why not get it fixed by the dealer?
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis629
I just bought this 07 tahoe and I'm noticing little things that I need to fix. The rear bumper on the left side is sagging a bit in one spot. I can't find any damage to the rear of the tahoe, and nothing looks like it's been knocked out of alignment or unbolted and loose. I circled the area in the print. Can the bumper be heated in that area and pushed up to take the droop out and make it even all on each side.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I agree with the other posters. Please consult with your dealer for assistance.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service