Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Security light on?

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2008, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security light on?

Hey I have a question I have just bought a 2001 chevy silverado 2500 hd with a duramax in it but the security light is stuck on dose anyone know how I can shut this light off?
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Security light on?

stab it with a screwdriver? no, really, dont do that. In my dads 2001, we had to get out of the truck, lock the doors with the key, wait 30 seconds, then re-enter with the key. we were also informed to sit in the vehicle immediately, shut the door, and turn the ignition to start. after starting the truck, press the emergency brake and let the truck idle for a few seconds. shut the truck off, get out and lock the door with the key. wait 30 seconds and re-enter. this should take care of the security light. if not, take the truck back to its owner, beg for forgiveness, and pray they dont take you to jail. no, really. this should do it. if all else fails, the dealer may have to "flash" the security feature off of the computer for you so this does not annoy you any further.