Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Should I.......??

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I.......??

I have a 1994 chevy k-1500 silverado. I want to put a glasspack on it but im not sure what would be better should i put it on with the catalytic converter on or take it off. or should i put duals on with out a cad. if you have any imput on this at all please let me know
thanks,
redneck 4 life
Old July 4th, 2007, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I.......??

Hi,
Glass Packs are very restrictive. There are other mufflers out there that would sound and flow better than a glasspack.I personally am not a fan of glasspacks or flowmaster mufflers. They are both restrictive and have a funny sound. There are some great mufflers out there by DYNO-MAX call super turbo's or turbo tubes. They flow great and have an excellent, throaty sound. I run turbo tubes on my 97 suburban and everyone loves the sound....it's one of a kind. If you decide to cut the cat out of the truck you will first need to check if there is an O2 Sensor downstream of the cat. If there isn't, cut it out and have fun. If there is you will need to buy a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) eliminator and wire it up to the O2 sensor. You can find these on ebay. If you do not perform this task the truck may go into limp mode or run like crap.

Good Luck and Happy Rumbling
350 suburban