Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Two issues: Driver's seat and windows

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2008, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two issues: Driver's seat and windows

Greetings!I have a great Chevy Cavalier that's now nine years young, runs great and has about 150,000 miles on the odometer. I intend to flip the odometer at least once more before getting rid of this car. I love driving it.

Two things that I need to take care of:

1. Over time, the driver's seat has become involuntarily reclined to the point where it's like driving around in a barka lounger. If I push on it from the back it returns temporarily to it's normal upright position but within a day I'm lying too far back again. Since it does hold its position temproarily, I'm curious to know if there's something in there that can simply be tightened at the joint between the back and the seat or if it's time to hit the junk yards and find a new one.

2. Both of my front windows (power windows) have become extremely sticky. The driver's side will go down all the way but it will get stuck on the way back up. I'll hit the switch until it stops, let it rest, hit it again and it'll go up a couple more inches, rinse, repeat. You get the idea. My guess is that the gears that move the window have become dirty over time and need to be cleaned. Any insight on whether or not that's it and, if so, how to go about cleaning them? I don't think the motors are burned out because the windows do still work, they seem to be cutting off when they feel they're being met with resistance.
Old March 25th, 2008, 9:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two issues: Driver's seat and windows

On the seat i have no idea i would guess try to tighten but on the window the moter is getting week it does not take much to let the window down gravity helps that out but up is diffrent it has the weight of the glass to deal with