Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

02 , clicking relay , lights , gauges ?

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 , clicking relay , lights , gauges ?

I have done a bunch of searches , and have not seen any answers to this , have seen many similar issues on other yrs. , but not fix's .
Working on this for friend / customer .
After about 20 min./miles of driving , can hear a regular clicking behind glove box , get out of car at stop and the interior lights will flash with clicking , then after another 5 min/miles of driving , the gauges will drop to 0 for a split second , this last part is like the key is turned off & on resetting all the bells/dings , this will happen on a regular basis as described above .
Also looking for wiring diagrams to chase down ?
Thanks
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Body Control Module

I have the same problem. I know it's in the BCM but I havn't been able to locate it. Anyone know it's location?
Old March 14th, 2010, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

On the left side of the dash , behind the dash , between the instruments and the door jam .
I saw a link a while back that said that rock auto had them for about $89 ?
Old April 1st, 2010, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Update om BCM

Bought the new BCM, installed it and guess what. Lights don't flash any more, but now the car won't start. Turn the key and nothing happens. I bought the part from the local B to B and they stated that it was flashed with the needed memory for my car by VIN #. Took it back today and got a new one, same problem. Contacted the local dealership and they said that the module had to be in the car to flash the memory. They also said that they would do it for an additional $175.00. Any sugestions?
Old April 1st, 2010, 10:48 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Its a security issue. You will need to get a case learn im sure. Also I wish i would of saw this before. Knew it was a BCM
Old April 1st, 2010, 10:55 PM
Impala Super Moderator

First of all it needs to be programed by the dealer.
All you need to do is put the key in, try to start it(it won't) and leave the key in the on position. After 15 minutes, turn it off. remove key. insert, and start.

If that doesnt work you need a CASE learn..Here are the details..
Powertrain Control Module Security Relearn Procedure

On some vehicles (Bonneville, Regal, Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS, and 2004+ Grand Prix) it will be necessary to perform this Security Relearn Procedure before the car can be started. No tools are required to complete this procedure and it can be accomplished 30 to 45 minutes after the PCM is initially installed. You must complete the procedure without opening any of the vehicle doors or trunk. It's best to open the drivers window and reach inside the vehicle to complete the learn procedure.

For Bonneville, Regal, Impala, and Monte Carlo vehicles 1997-2004 and Cobalt, ION 2004-2006:

1. Set the parking brake to disable the daytime running lights system to avoid draining the vehicles battery.

2. Try to start the vehicle by turning the key to the START position (using a

3. Master Pass-Key key, not a Valet key). Allow the key to fall back into the ON position. DO NOT TURN THE KEY TO THE OFF POSITION.

4. Observe the SECURITY telltale on the dashboard or driver information center. After approximately ten minutes it should turn off for the first time.

5. Turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.

6. Try to start the vehicle by turning the key to the START position (using a Master Pass-Key key, not a Valet key). Allow the key to fall back into the ON position. DO NOT TURN THE KEY TO THE OFF POSITION.

7. Observe the SECURITY telltale on the dashboard or driver information center. After approximately ten minutes it should turn off for the first time.

8. Turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.

9.Try to start the vehicle by turning the key to the START position (using a Master Pass-Key key, not a Valet key). Allow the key to fall back into the ON position. DO NOT TURN THE KEY TO THE OFF POSITION.

10. Observe the SECURITY telltale on the dashboard or driver information center. After approximately ten minutes it should turn off for the first time.
Turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.

11. Start the vehicle.