Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

'14 2LZ-> My Link->Text Messages?

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2014, 9:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '14 2LZ-> My Link->Text Messages?

I watched a marketing video at chevrolet.com that shows a man listening to a text message, and replying by voice. I've been told this does work on a Buick Lacrosse.

But, I have one home tonight testing with it, about to pull a trigger on a purchase. I can't find any way to do that with this car.

Anyone having success with that?

FYI...I did also find a viceo on Youtube showing it on multiple Chevy models, including less expensive than this car, but the only Impala listed was the SS.
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Impala isn't Chevy SS which is Australian Holden vehicle.

Where's the video?
Old March 25th, 2014, 11:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Impala isn't Chevy SS which is Australian Holden vehicle.

Where's the video?
Whatever. As far as the dealer I'm working with, and as far as looking at it, it's an Impala with a few changes, and a V8. Net net, it's supposed to be on the SS according to the video, whatever model the SS is.

Video's
]
Old March 26th, 2014, 12:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Whatever. As far as the dealer I'm working with, and as far as looking at it, it's an Impala with a few changes, and a V8. Net net, it's supposed to be on the SS according to the video, whatever model the SS is.
\

The Impala and the SS are completely different vehicles, that have absolutely nothing in common with each other. Completely different technology, different platforms, powertrains. The Impala is Front Wheel Drive the SS Rear Wheel Drive. The SS is a High Performance Sport Sedan and will cost a fair bit more than the Impala. Based on the fact that you see little difference between the two, you do not seem to too enthused about automobiles and seem way too obsessed about text messaging capability

Last edited by blue-impala; March 26th, 2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old March 26th, 2014, 7:48 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 56_kruiser

Video's here.
]
Bro. . No 2014 impala 2lz has a v8 or is called a SS.

Impala has 3.6l dohc sidi v6 as top engine choice.
Old March 26th, 2014, 8:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Ok. That's fine, and I gather definitely true that the SS is not an Impala. Sorry to rankle everyone.

That being said, I could care less. The topic I'm concerned about is the text read-out functionality in the Impala.

Quoting from my other post about possibly not purchasing:

The reason I want the text messages read out to me:

I am not a teenager, and do not get a lot of text messages. So, you say "What's the big deal about getting them read out?" The deal is, that while I don't get a lot of text messages, when I do, I quite often do NEED to hear/read them. The car I currently have has a quick reply capability that can at least akcnowledge them. Without this, I find I need to pull over and stop to work with them.
Originally Posted by blue-impala
...Based on the fact that you see little difference between the two, you do not seem to too enthused about automobiles and seem way too obsessed about text messaging capability
[rant]Dude...you've replied to both of my threads, and in both, have condescending statements. You seem like a person who sees anyone that is not of the same mind as you as having some type of problem.

FYI...I am a car enthusiast...I do like nice cars, and with all options that will bring value and enjoyment to the automobile experience. Somewhat referencing your other post, our current cars are in a class higher than the Impala, one of which I'm trading in on the Impala (the Impala is nice, and as you noted, a good value), and I own two classic cars. If I wasn't enthused about cars, I'd be driving the the Yugo you referenced in the other thread.[\rant]

Last edited by 56_kruiser; March 26th, 2014 at 8:03 AM.
Old March 26th, 2014, 8:30 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 56_kruiser
Ok. That's fine, and I gather definitely true that the SS is not an Impala. Sorry to rankle everyone.

That being said, I could care less. The topic I'm concerned about is the text read-out functionality in the Impala.

Quoting from my other post about possibly not purchasing:

The reason I want the text messages read out to me:

[rant]Dude...you've replied to both of my threads, and in both, have condescending statements. You seem like a person who sees anyone that is not of the same mind as you as having some type of problem.

FYI...I am a car enthusiast...I do like nice cars, and with all options that will bring value and enjoyment to the automobile experience. Somewhat referencing your other post, our current cars are in a class higher than the Impala, one of which I'm trading in on the Impala (the Impala is nice, and as you noted, a good value), and I own two classic cars. If I wasn't enthused about cars, I'd be driving the the Yugo you referenced in the other thread.[\rant]

2014 SS Sports Sedan: High-Performance Sedan | Chevrolet
Old March 26th, 2014, 9:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Ok. That's fine, and I gather definitely true that the SS is not an Impala. Sorry to rankle everyone. That being said, I could care less.
The fact you can't tell tell the differences between a Impala and a SS, and that you don't care, pretty much makes people think you are not an enthusiast.

As for the texting capability, the Impala does not have it.

Last edited by blue-impala; March 26th, 2014 at 9:31 AM.
Old March 27th, 2014, 8:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by blue-impala
The fact you can't tell tell the differences between a Impala and a SS, and that you don't care, pretty much makes people think you are not an enthusiast.

I understand what you say here. My reason for 'not caring', was that whether the SS was an Impala or not was not at all the topic of the thread.

As for the texting capability, the Impala does not have it.0

You are right. I've decided to have a work around with an app.
So, a new shiny Impala is in my garage now. I hope to enjoy it for several years to come.