Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2001 Chevy Impala....Running Board....

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2014, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2001 Chevy Impala....Running Board....

All,
I am the second owner (stayed in the family type purchase) of this vehicle and mileage is in the mid 90K. The body is just starting to shows its age. Considering reshooting the car entirely this coming spring. (scratches etc.)

Anyways last winter, coldest\snowiest in NW Ohio on record, there was a extreme build up of snow and ice at which I tried kicking off/removing it as both my Saturn ION (2007) and this car started to affect steering. (vibrations).

Anyways the running board popped off and many of the plastic "rivets" due to extreme cold, snow, and my stupidity cracked and broke off to the point that it just partially hung there and I ended up just removing it.

Under the running board there was a small amount of rust the biggest being the size of a pop bottle end but it looks to be just surface rust. The plan is to sand it down, reshoot it , possibly recoat with tar sealer, and place the running board back on (going to due both sides).

Before I get started on this project, I would like to get all supplies and am looking for a part number and or supplier for the plastic rivets?

Thanks,
Chris
Old July 15th, 2014, 8:31 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the plastic rivets from my dealer and ended up getting a bag of 10 of them. For the part # you need to specify whether the Impala is a LS or a base model. I think the clips come in silver color or natural in color.
Old July 16th, 2014, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rivets...

All,
Found them on ebay.....

Thanks,
Chris