Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala: Replacement Key Fob / Remote Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Impala: Replacement Key Fob / Remote Inquiry

Good evening gentlemen,
Had a quick question for you, relating to my 2007 Impala. As I'm not very familiar with Chevy/GM products - and the only two instances in my life I've ever had to do this on, which each time happened to be on Mercedes AMG models that were 3 and 5 years old at the time - I would greatly appreciate a quick bit of advice/info.
I need a new replacement key fob / remote. This car has only had one and now that one is broken, hence the word, I now have none

Anyway, with Mercedes - the key/remote (all built into one for the 2005/2007 models I had) NEEDS to be ordered from the dealer because once they are programmed to a car, they cannot be programmed or reused. They are utterly useless to any other vehicles. But for some reason, used/previously programmed ones are still sold on Ebay...?
I just looked for the heck of it on Ebay at Impala fobs and see a multitude of replacement fobs. I didn't look all that closely at details, I came straight to you gents... I would ONLY buy a Genuine OEM one, not an aftermarket (that's just me!)

1. Would it be safe to get one that has already been programmed (can these be re-programmed?)
2. Do they often sell new, unused, blank, never programmed fobs? This would be ideal... (i.e. from parts surplus warehouses or maybe the manufacturer)
3. How difficult is it to program a remote fob to this car? I'm not very handy/mechanically inclined but can do basic things. One of my local GM dealers would charge me about $189 for remote + programming which is better than Mercedes' $300 - but if I can buy one on Ebay for $20 and program it myself I'd probably rather go that route...

Appreciate any help!!
P.S. I'm sure this has been discussed before but sorry for not using the search - this website is soooo incredibly slow for me (even while logged in) so I'm not sure if it's with advertisements or what?! That's why I chose not to search. Forgive me. Anyway, thanks again in advance!
Old June 3rd, 2015, 11:12 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jpohl402
Good evening gentlemen,
Had a quick question for you, relating to my 2007 Impala. As I'm not very familiar with Chevy/GM products - and the only two instances in my life I've ever had to do this on, which each time happened to be on Mercedes AMG models that were 3 and 5 years old at the time - I would greatly appreciate a quick bit of advice/info.
I need a new replacement key fob / remote. This car has only had one and now that one is broken, hence the word, I now have none

Anyway, with Mercedes - the key/remote (all built into one for the 2005/2007 models I had) NEEDS to be ordered from the dealer because once they are programmed to a car, they cannot be programmed or reused. They are utterly useless to any other vehicles. But for some reason, used/previously programmed ones are still sold on Ebay...?
I just looked for the heck of it on Ebay at Impala fobs and see a multitude of replacement fobs. I didn't look all that closely at details, I came straight to you gents... I would ONLY buy a Genuine OEM one, not an aftermarket (that's just me!)

1. Would it be safe to get one that has already been programmed (can these be re-programmed?)
2. Do they often sell new, unused, blank, never programmed fobs? This would be ideal... (i.e. from parts surplus warehouses or maybe the manufacturer)
3. How difficult is it to program a remote fob to this car? I'm not very handy/mechanically inclined but can do basic things. One of my local GM dealers would charge me about $189 for remote + programming which is better than Mercedes' $300 - but if I can buy one on Ebay for $20 and program it myself I'd probably rather go that route...

Appreciate any help!!
P.S. I'm sure this has been discussed before but sorry for not using the search - this website is soooo incredibly slow for me (even while logged in) so I'm not sure if it's with advertisements or what?! That's why I chose not to search. Forgive me. Anyway, thanks again in advance!
jpohl402, there is a "sticky" on the first page with programming instructions. Here is a link to it and should help you out.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...rograms-18571/
Old June 3rd, 2015, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks and kind regards, Frank!
Appreciate you.