Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2013 impala ltz tpms question

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2014, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2013 impala ltz tpms question

I just bought a 2013 ltz, i traded an 06 in on it, I am very pleased with the difference in these cars ...........especially the transmission........being able to to do my own downshifts in the colorado mts. is a great brake saver..........

I have been reading about the tpms systems in various other years and how the computer can be reset after a tire rotation..............some say that i can start at the LF and work my way clockwise around the car, letting pressure out of each tire and waiting for the horn to honk when reset......

i have also read in my owners manual that i can only do this with a radio tool .........???

if no one here knows for sure, i guess i'll give it the "pressure out" test and see if it works..........
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djames
I just bought a 2013 ltz, i traded an 06 in on it, I am very pleased with the difference in these cars ...........especially the transmission........being able to to do my own downshifts in the colorado mts. is a great brake saver..........
Ummm, is that safe for your tranny?

I'd rather replace brakes than a tranny.

edit: the mountains around here are pretty small..not sure what you are dealing with at your location.. I guess as long as you don't overcook the tranny and burn it up you'll be fine...

Last edited by sledge.impy; March 29th, 2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

shift into low and pick your gear [push + or - on the wheel......just like the old days......but no clutch........that what it is made for.....
Old March 30th, 2014, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

I think i can answer my own question........after a little research.........i've learned that you need a relearn tool after late 2011 models.........cars/trucks.....