Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

straight pipes in back...2013 impala ltz

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2014, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down straight pipes in back...2013 impala ltz

It sounds to me like there is at least one person representing chevy in this forum........

I have a 2013 impala ltz.......I like it so far, runs good, lots of hp to weight go power,.........I should have known better, but i thought that the dual pipes in the back meant dual exhaust ........until i looked.......

I have always liked just a little rumble noise coming out the back, and some of these v 6's sound pretty good ...unmuffled a little....

Question is;

can i cut the resonators [if that is what they are] off the rear pipes and run a straight pipe out both sides [so i can at least hear what the engine sounds like] .....without voiding the warranty???

I have always done my own work, from bumper to bumper, but all i can do with these new cars is open the hood and scratch my head..........sometimes it feels like the car doesn't really even belong to me.........all i can do is drive it...................

I am going to change the oil and swap the tires........i don't think i can mess anything up doing that.........??

Last edited by djames; April 4th, 2014 at 4:14 PM.
Old April 4th, 2014, 5:22 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Its unlikely you will get any official thumbs up to mods to avoid voiding a warranty ( but you might )
I am not familiar with the Impala setup, but if you can see the cats, the muffler and finally the resonators near the end of the exhaust system then those are likely the resonators....
If you remove them, you are likely only voiding the warranty that would cover the exhaust system...
Removing the resonators is a pretty common first thing to do on a lot of vehicles where you want to hear some of the engine/exhaust note
Old April 4th, 2014, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that dang "thumb" was supposed to be a question .........i hit the wrong box ;-)......i was concerned with back pressure???..........I don't think i'll ever do any alterations, except maybe a k&n air filter........if i can't do that then.......;

I guess i need to haul my 72 monte out of the shed and play with it and leave the new to the experts......
Old April 4th, 2014, 11:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djames
It sounds to me like there is at least one person representing chevy in this forum........

I have a 2013 impala ltz.......I like it so far, runs good, lots of hp to weight go power,.........I should have known better, but i thought that the dual pipes in the back meant dual exhaust ........until i looked.......

I have always liked just a little rumble noise coming out the back, and some of these v 6's sound pretty good ...unmuffled a little....

Question is;

can i cut the resonators [if that is what they are] off the rear pipes and run a straight pipe out both sides [so i can at least hear what the engine sounds like] .....without voiding the warranty???

I have always done my own work, from bumper to bumper, but all i can do with these new cars is open the hood and scratch my head..........sometimes it feels like the car doesn't really even belong to me.........all i can do is drive it...................

I am going to change the oil and swap the tires........i don't think i can mess anything up doing that.........??
Ummm, just wait until you own a 2014+.

As for now, my f-body from 1994 crushes my 2014... so I'll just leave the 2014 as it is player.

Oh my f-body is a pontiac... I might need to step off.