Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Brake Issues

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2015, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Brake Issues

I have a 2014 2LT and have had what I consider an issue with the brakes since I bought it last year with 6,000 miles on it.
When applying the brakes on approaching a stop light, and with steady foot pressure, the brakes seem to release for a couple of seconds and then catch again right before it stops. There are also times when it almost thumps like a downshift, when rolling to a stop. It doesn't happen all the time, but happens quite a bit and it's usually when it's been driven for a little bit and warmed up. It's not a smooth rolling stop like in the other vehicles I drive and is very noticeable to me.
I have taken it back to the dealer and they had it for a few weeks. They hooked up a computer to it and drove around, without detecting anything. Yep, Mechanics syndrome. Thing is, others notice it while riding in the car when I point it out to them and when I picked up the car, I noticed it after I got about 20 miles down the road. I don't know if it's too subtle for them and the computer to pick up on or what.
If nothing can be done, I'm going to end up trading the car for something else.
Old April 21st, 2015, 12:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a post from really early on about a car that wouldn't stop. I wonder if this is related.

But to your point, I'm at 5,200 miles.. I had a somewhat sudden application of the brake pedal (pretty hard press) as the collision alert was going. I did feel something strange when doing that in the softness.. and it felt like a few stops after that the brakes were different.

I'll try to keep this in mind when driving next time...if it's still there.