Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 impala vs 2014 dodge charger

Old December 25th, 2013, 9:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 impala vs 2014 dodge charger

Anybody consider the 2 before deciding on an impala?
I have always been a Chevy guy. But I find myself drawn to the charger. If you considered the 2, what won you over to one vs the other and why?
Old December 25th, 2013, 9:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
Anybody consider the 2 before deciding on an impala?
I have always been a Chevy guy. But I find myself drawn to the charger. If you considered the 2, what won you over to one vs the other and why?
I test drove a charger sxt all wheel drive v6.. cloth. . Sticker 35k. Nice car. I think I had issue viewing navigation console due to screen glare. Car was very nimble and touchy to steering. Very aggressive motor and tranny gearing. Had some troubles with steering wheel blocking speedo..I tried to adjust while driving. . Got closer.

Whole family has had issues with Chrysler products for whatever reason dating back to 1990s. . GM had held up better without major issues.

Well. .I ended up with impala 2ltz... it just felt right when I got in it.. The smoothness. . The pickup... More luxury feeling. The space.. The leather. . The sunroof. .heated cooled seats..

Would've liked the SS.. But didn't feel like going in for another $10k..

I already have a 4th Gen f body... And Didn't really want another rwd car.

Well I hope this helps some...

I was thinking trailhawk Cherokee.. But turned off by its small size.. Didn't want in crv/equinox segment.

I upgraded from 02 Cavalier. . Didn't want in a cruze for another 10 years. . Malibu Didn't have a sporty enough look or stance.
Old December 26th, 2013, 5:19 PM
CF Senior Member

This is very helpful and what I'm looking for. I have 2 friends with chargers and both have had positive results. I have heard of people having problems with dodge products, that's why I'm looking for feedback.
Old December 26th, 2013, 9:23 PM
CF Veteran

This is very helpful and what I'm looking for. I have 2 friends with chargers and both have had positive results. I have heard of people having problems with dodge products, that's why I'm looking for feedback.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chry...s+smoking+weed

A couple coworkers have Chrysler products without issue.
Dodge Ram, Durango, and Charger.

I can't find it, but someone was claiming quality issues resolved with Chrysler these days.

Guy back in the 90's had to deal with this:

Chrysler Lhs 1996 - Fuel system - car safety information, failing parts, recalls, bulletins, complaints

Even reading here, you see complaints from people about transmissions (cruze) and other models.

Time will tell on this 2014 6 spd impala tranny.
Old December 27th, 2013, 8:06 AM
CF Senior Member

When considering the dodge's quality opinions, I would take into consideration the odd ball problems. Much like the occasional Chevy problem. What I am looking for is the opinions of people that did not go with the dodge because of a consistent issue. Not the guy that had a tranny issue at 95000 miles.

I am a big believer in Chevy products. I buy or lease 2 tahoes or suburbans every 3 years like clockwork for 22years now. I need a large sedan for commuting purposes 180miles a day. So I want something with a little better gas mileage that's not 60k$. I am torn between the charger and known Chevy quality.
Old December 27th, 2013, 8:48 AM
CF Veteran

When considering the dodge's quality opinions, I would take into consideration the odd ball problems. Much like the occasional Chevy problem. What I am looking for is the opinions of people that did not go with the dodge because of a consistent issue. Not the guy that had a tranny issue at 95000 miles.

I am a big believer in Chevy products. I buy or lease 2 tahoes or suburbans every 3 years like clockwork for 22years now. I need a large sedan for commuting purposes 180miles a day. So I want something with a little better gas mileage that's not 60k$. I am torn between the charger and known Chevy quality.
Well, be sure to test the Charger out on freeway speeds and see how little steering input is required to 'go off course'. You might end up feeling like you are fighting the road the whole way. Your experience might be different.

A 2ltz impala would be nice for those kind of commutes. I guess the only thing to notice would be the electric steering is a little strange when changing lanes and giving it some gas. It tugs the other way your intending to go or goes further then you counter it and then it's going the other way... so feels strange. It's definitely not like normal power steering pump related.

There are some roads that the active noise cancellation can't handle with the 20" rims. I've only encountered 1 such road at 70 mph.. the hum inside was a little annoying.

The adaptive cruise control might be nice for you too at those distances.

This is my car's twin:

Charleston, IL 2014 Chevrolet Impala 2LZ New Sedan Mattoon, IL Effingham, IL Diepholz Auto Group | S4100 | 1G1155S32EU124144
Old January 5th, 2014, 8:40 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by sledge.impy

There are some roads that the active noise cancellation can't handle with the 20" rims. I've only encountered 1 such road at 70 mph.. the hum inside was a little annoying.
I must correct my above statement.

I guess the active noise cancellation doesn't work because there is none.

It appears to be only for the 4 cylinder models. Bummer.

http://www.brenengenphotos.com/vehic...nibrochure.pdf

@7:00 to 7:45