Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Extended Warranty on Impala

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2014, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty on Impala

I plan on buying a new Impala soon. I want to get an extended warranty(Major Guard). I'm curious what others paid for this. Did anyone bargain with the dealer on this and get it for a lower price?? Thank you.
Old January 9th, 2014, 9:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could remember what I paid. All my paperwork is back in the states and my wife happens to be out of the country on vacation as well at the moment, or else I would be able to tell you.

I really didn't want to get the extended warranty. During initial talks I said okay, because it sounded like a smart idea to me. Then when I got home and was reading up on extended warranties online, it seemed like the overwhelming response from people is to not bother with them. When I went back in I said that I had reconsidered and the guy I was talking to was a bit surprised. He dropped everything and was like "Wait, what? Why?" I said that I didn't think it was necessary and also asked why I would want one on their brand new car, that having one pushed on me didn't really inspire confidence in the car for me. I understood that they would prefer me to get it though and didn't mind him continuing to try to sell me on it. I finally said "I think I am good on it, I really do. But I do want to talk about the wheels. These 19s are gonna be new for me and for my wife. My buddy scraped one of his rims on his G37 up pretty quickly in a drivethru. I was there at the dealership when he bought it and the pitch for the wheel warranty he got sounded like it made a lot of sense to me with how expensive the rims are. So what are my options with that?" The guy called in someone else who deals with the tire and wheel warranties and had him explain how they work and how much that cost. Then the first guy said "You know how much that costs now. If you get the extended warranty, I'll throw the wheels in with it." Since I really wanted the wheels covered, I finally caved and agreed.
Whether I got a good deal or not or could have talked them down or anything, I am not really sure of. It didn't seem like a lot to me at the time.
Oddly enough though, when I check my warranties on the Chevy site, the extended shows up sometimes and has disappeared other times. And the tires/wheels warranty has never shown up. I have to check my paperwork when I get back home in March or so and verify that I was actually sold what I was told I was being sold and if so, stop by the dealership and inquire as to why they aren't showing up on the site.

The only things listed on the site for me are: 6 Year Corrosion, 8 Year Emissions, 5 Year Powertrain, 2 Year Scheduled MX, 3 Year Bumper-to-Bumper.
Old January 9th, 2014, 9:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hmm

With all the electronics and crap on 2lz, I went with it.

I haven't done a dohc cam belt since my 1992 z34... Not so fun times.

Need to read up on what drives these dohc cams.