Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

transmission issue 2010 impala

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2014, 12:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission issue 2010 impala

I just bought my chevy impala 1.5 months ago and slowly I have noticed the transmission shifting weird. Its kinda like its slipping and pauseing before it changes gear. On take off I get a small pause/slip on 1-2 but on 2-3 I get a little harder pause/slip. The quicker I accelerate and take off the harder the shift is. Also I get the weird shift if Im slowing down to take a turn and when I accelerate after I take the turn I get the slip. No check engine light. Bought it at 63.1k got 64.8k on it now, its an 2010 chevy impala LT with the 3.5 ffv motor. Anyone else experience this? Also going into 4th/OD shifts like a transmission should.
Old March 19th, 2014, 5:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear of this concern. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you would like for us to take a further look into this for you. If we can help, please send us a private message referencing your concern. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 19th, 2014, 11:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear of this concern. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you would like for us to take a further look into this for you. If we can help, please send us a private message referencing your concern. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks for the reply. The dealer called me back to tell me my car was rdy. I took the tech on a test drive and he said that is the way the transmission is supposed to act. He said its programed to shift close and early to help on the best fuel economy. Im coming from a long line of older fords and im guess im not use to such a new car and company.
Old March 21st, 2014, 3:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by gabriel9766
Thanks for the reply. The dealer called me back to tell me my car was rdy. I took the tech on a test drive and he said that is the way the transmission is supposed to act. He said its programed to shift close and early to help on the best fuel economy. Im coming from a long line of older fords and im guess im not use to such a new car and company.
Hello gabriel9766,

I'm glad the dealer was able to resolve your transmission issue. Please reach out to us if you have any more questions in regards your Impala. Have a great weekend!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 10th, 2016, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Transmission issues

I bought a 2010 Impala in 2012 after returning from an overseas tour. The car was in good condition and never gave me any issues until it hit 100K miles. Then it became a constant battle the last straw has been the transmission. My wife was taking our kids to school and out of nowhere the it stopped moving. You can shift between the gears and the car responds but doesn't move. all linkages are in place and there is no visible damages or ruptures. Local dealerships want an arm and leg to just look at it. What could have been a long lasting and very useful vehicle has turned into a giant paper weight.