Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Transmission prob 2013 impala LT?

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2015, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission prob 2013 impala LT?

I have a 2013 impala LT with 57k miles. Last wk I got my oil and air filter changed at valvoline. They recommended a transmission flush but I declined, since then my engine light has been on and my fan belt continues to run when I turn my car off. Today they car stopped on me while I was driving, but started right back up when I started it back up. Any ideas what could be going wrong?
Old November 5th, 2015, 10:05 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have it scanned for codes and then proceed on from there....
Old November 22nd, 2015, 12:06 AM
CF Veteran

hard to say without codes but if its only been happening since they changed the air filter i'd make sure they got everything put back together and tight, also that they didn't leave the mass airflow sensor unplugged some reason
Old November 23rd, 2015, 8:41 PM
CF Active Member

I used one of those places once, they left the cap off my coolant reservoir and I almost overheated it 10 minutes after leaving the place while sitting in a traffic jam.

I'd give a good look under the hood and make sure all the caps are secured on your fluids and the dipsticks are seated as well. And while you are checking the caps, check your oil and coolant and also take a look at your belt.
Old November 24th, 2015, 10:42 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by U.Nanimous
I used one of those places once, they left the cap off my coolant reservoir and I almost overheated it 10 minutes after leaving the place while sitting in a traffic jam.

I'd give a good look under the hood and make sure all the caps are secured on your fluids and the dipsticks are seated as well. And while you are checking the caps, check your oil and coolant and also take a look at your belt.
GOOD POINT! - A friend of mine got her oil changed at Iffy Lube. They did a great job, but only forgot to put the oil back in the engine when they were done.