Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Chevy Malibu gas fumes and leaking

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2019, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Malibu gas fumes and leaking

Hi I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu and started smelling gas fumes and then notice leaking.. more gas fumes than leaks but it’s bad and just started out of nowhere. Well after I took it to mechanic 4 different times. Is anyone else having these issue.. also issues with door locked not working. engine light off and on as well
Old September 12th, 2019, 3:09 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C
Hi I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu and started smelling gas fumes and then notice leaking.. more gas fumes than leaks but it’s bad and just started out of nowhere. Well after I took it to mechanic 4 different times. Is anyone else having these issue.. also issues with door locked not working. engine light off and on as well
Can you see any seeps or leaks of gasoline? Is your engine oil at the same level it usually is? Likely a leaking throttle body, but could be leaking elsewhere. Put some cardboard under it and run it for awhile. Keep the windows down and no flames nearby. I'd get me a fire extinguisher handy too.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; September 12th, 2019 at 3:12 AM.