Have you paired your phone to the vehicle? Bluetooth can be used without using OnStar, as long as you have a compatible phone.
The vehicle must be parked when pairing. The pairing process is disabled when the vehicle is moving.
1. Press and hold "phone/speak" button for two seconds. The system responds with “Ready” followed by a tone.
2. Say “Bluetooth”. The system responds with “Bluetooth ready” followed by a tone.
3. Say “Pair”. The system responds with instructions and a four digit PIN number. The PIN number will be used in Step 4.
4. Start the Pairing process on the cell phone that will be paired to the vehicle. Reference the cell phone manufacturer's user guide for information on this process.
Locate the device named “General Motors” in the list on the cellular phone and follow the instructions on the cell phone to enter the four digit PIN number that was provided in Step 3.
5. The system prompts for a name for the phone. Use a name that best describes the phone. This name will be used to indicate which phone is connected. The system then confirms the name provided.
6. The system responds with “
has been successfully paired” after the pairing process is complete.
7. Repeat Steps 1 through 7 for additional phones to be paired.
This information is also available in the owner's manual, pages 3-75 through 3-85 (3-78 through 3-88 in the digital manual). For your convenience, a digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...let-Malibu.pdf
To check to see if your phone is compatible with your vehicle, visit: http://gm.com/bluetooth
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.
GM Customer Service