Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Malibu
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 09:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default Malibu Oil Change

I changed the oil on my brothers 2010 Malibu tonight, he has the 2.4 L4 in it. After draining all the oil out and changing the filter, i added the 5 quarts and let the car run for several minutes. I then shut the car down and checked the dipstick level, however it shows nothing. I then drove the car around for a few minutes and checked it. It then showed full, but once i wiped it off and checked it again, it once again registered nothing on the dipstick. This worries me. If you have any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:45 PM
CF Beginner

You need to let the car cool down and let the oil drain back down to the oil pan. On my 09 Malibu that is what I do after I do my oil changes and I also add 5 quarts of Amsoil to mine and it fills it right to the correct level.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:45 PM

Tags
09, 2010, 2011, 2012, 24, amsoil, capacitu, capacity, change, changing, chevrolet, chevy, filter, location, malibu, oil