Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Any Mobile 1 "quick change" oil change retailers

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2007, 9:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Mobile 1 "quick change" oil change retailers

I don't have a dealer close enough for me to make it convenient to get my oil changed quickly and I don't have much time during the day to sit around ina waiting room for an hour to have it done. Yet, I really would like to use Mobile 1. Does anyone know if retailers such as Walmart, Sam's, or any national chains like a Instant Oil Change ( I know that one is Valvoline) might use Mobile 1?

I need to get an oil change and used Valovoline the first time but I'd really like to get into the groove of using the Mobile 1.

Thanks!

~dig
Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:49 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Any Mobile 1 "quick change" oil change retailers

Yes you can go to Wal Mart and get the Mobile 1, or if you have like a jiffy lube or quick oil service that carries Mobile 1. I use the Mobile 1 in mine and get it at Jiffy Lube, they keep records of your visits and what oil you use.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 8:55 AM
CF Active Member

That's great news. Thanks!

~dig
Old February 2nd, 2007, 11:46 AM
davemec

DarkOne,
Did you notice any differences when you switched to Mobile 1? Also, do you use the ExxonMobil high-quality oil filter like they suggest? Lastly, how often do you get it changed with the synthetic and how much does it usually cost?

Thanks for the help.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Does it cause any harm to switch? I was always under the impression that if it didn't come that way not to change it?????

Also, the change oil % indicator, how does that work? Is it time based or does it actually measure something in the oil?

thanks!

Old February 2nd, 2007, 8:28 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I believe it's based upon an algorithm that uses time, speeds, temperature, & acceleration.
Here's what GM says:
GM Oil Life System
[hr]

The patented GM Oil-Life System helps take the guesswork out of when to change your oil while also helping protect the environment from unnecessary oil changes. By tracking key engine operating parameters such as temperature, total number of revolutions, etc., the system predicts the vehicle’s oil life and indicates when a change is necessary. See the Owner’s Manual for more information. Maintenance needs vary with different uses and driving conditions.

I got about a 0.5 mpg increase when I switched to Mobil 1 at first change.

It doesn't hurt to switch.
Old February 4th, 2007, 3:21 AM
CF Active Member

I acutally have not noticed any thing wrong and significant differences. Temp is about the same still runs smooth, and a slight increase in mileage( if you really stare) The only thing is that the oil changes are less frequent than normal 3000 miles. I noticed that it takes about 7000 miles before the next oil change...this is according to the oil life meter in the vehicle. I did ask to see the oil and they noticed that it is not bad at all no sludge or discoloration. I don't use the high performance oil filter, but I was thinking of using this new filter that you never need to replace, just clean. The filter is called TRUFILTER. The oil change cost about $60, but would cost less if you did it yourself.
Old February 4th, 2007, 3:08 PM
davemec

Thanks for all the info.