Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Tranny 2006 4 cylinder Malibu

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2013, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny 2006 4 cylinder Malibu

When I am driving between 90 and 110 KM,. the tranny seems to shift out of the final gear for a second then re-engages the final gear. It does this at random and not necessarily when I am going uphill.I don't get a big jerk but do notice it. Similar to what happens when the tranny normally chages gears but in this case it is the final gear and goes back to the same gear. Any suggestions as to why it is doing this? I just have the tranny oil/filter replaced but it didn't help.
Thanks.
Old February 11th, 2013, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

a tranny guy test drove my car and says it's not the tranny. He thinks it could be inadequate fuel (like a clogged fuel filter) or spark plug causing a miss. I would have thought if this was the case then it would do this when accelerating from rest. Can the "miss" occur only at cruising speed? I don't have a check engine light. Any ideas or suggestions?
Old February 28th, 2013, 2:10 AM
CF Beginner

It looks like the I am not getting lockup of the tranny. only occasionally it locks up then disengages the lockup and that is what I am noticing. Any ideas why I am not getting lock up?
Thanks