Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

307 help please

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2013, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 307 help please

okay first its an 87 regal with a 307. i know its not a "chevy" but it is lol. and i know its not a monte but it is a g body so i picked this thread. okay so i bought a 87 regal with a 307 in it and it had some major carb troubles so i decided to get a holy carb and a edle lower intake manny. now note the car was running prior to this. so i did the swap and now the car wont start. i cheked the timing twice i set it to tdc and i cheked the distributer and its facing #1 cyl and the plugs are the right firing order and all. now the only thing i hooked up to the carb is the HEI distibuter and break boster line and i plugged the other ends off. am i missing something? m fairly new to carbs so any help would be helpfull. the first time i tried starting it it would just crank and crank and then back fire out of the carb....help?

also im sorry for the spelling.
Old March 13th, 2013, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another thing is i had to take the starter out inorder to put headers on the car. now the last owner had it all hacked up and such. i put all the wires back together but im not sure if it was done the right way because when i turn the key in the "on" slot no dash lights come on until i try and crank it.
Old March 13th, 2013, 9:31 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

You answered your own question. If it was good before working on the starter wiring and it gives you problems after then it was the work you did. The starting problem is because you probably put the distributor in 180 degrees off.