S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1995 Zr2 TPS shows low voltage.

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2016, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Zr2 TPS shows low voltage.

1995 S10 ext. cab zr2 4.3l vortec shows low voltage/intermittent voltage on signal return wire of the TPS sensor.I tried to chase it down with my multimeter and found it shows the signal return wire to the ECM is grounded. Of course I just replaced the TPS. I have verification of 5 volts coming out of the ECM at the grey connector but no return signal. My OTC Genisys scanner picks up 3 codes,
PO122A TPS Circuit low volts
P1122D TPS Circuit intermittent low voltage
P1406B EGR Pintle position sensor circuit
When I bought the truck ($500 paid) it wasn't running at all. I changed every part of the fuel system except for the lines from tank to intake. Runs OK. But if you barely give it a tiny bit of throttle it hiccups a little and then revs up but it's still lacking performance it seems. I'm pretty sure there is a short to ground in the harness which cost anywhere from $200-900. WTH? I refuse to just throw parts at it. Especially at that price.
I'm wondering if anyone else sees something in this situation that I may be missing? Just trying to get it right without breaking the bank,which I might add is rather empty at the moment.