S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1996 Isuzu Hombre / Chevy S-10

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2012, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Isuzu Hombre / Chevy S-10

I have a 1996 Isuzu Hombre / Chevys S-10 I bought a few months ago and it has a strange problem. The previous owner said that it had a starting problem that every now and then it would just turn over but not start.They took to a couple of local mechanics and niether could find what the problem was. This has happened to me twice. One day the after market stereo that was installed started to turn itself on and off so I took out the fuse and the starting problem has not happended since. I put the fuse back in once and the time on the radio was still correct so it still has some juice going to it. I was wondering what the previous owner could have done to the wiring when he installed the radio. I am no wiring expert so any help would be awesome.
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Radios today have a wire going to them that is always hot to keep the time and the preset radio stations. They have a second wire that turns on and off with the ignition key. Does the starting problem occur when the radio is on or off? Or does it occur at any random time?
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I pulled the fuse the not starting problem has not resurfaced. I am just wondering if whoever put in the radio hacked into a wire or something that would cause the problem. I have not put the fuse back in since the radio was turning itself on and off.