S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Need some help with front grill on 96 S-10

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with front grill on 96 S-10

I hit a deer on monday night. I hit it on the front of the drivers side. My headlight is out, and the blinker is no longer there. There is some cracked plastic all the way around the chrome looking front cap. Is there an assembly I can buy to replace just this part? Or will I have to replace the whole front cap?

If you don't understand what I am asking, I can get pics. I am gonna buy another headlight, but I will be without a blinker until I know what solution I am looking at.

thanks
JJ
Old July 14th, 2009, 3:41 AM
CF Junior Member

You know its a bit hard to tell you what you may need with out seeing it.So as to know just how tore up it might be .So I can tell you that you should be able to get what you need at a junk yard or after market reasonable.All that front is not hard to replace as along as nothing has moved requiring a pull .Here,s a tool free number for CertiFit auto body parts.I don.t know where you live if there is one close to you .But I would say they are probably going to be cheapest for new after market. 1-800-672-8808
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

This is the best pic I have that shows the end that is damaged. The end cap on the bumper has always hung down at the quarter panel. But, the clip that hooks from the center piece of the bumper to the endcap is broken. So, I will be having to get a bumper before too long also. The outside chrome piece is cracked, just as it turns down (it is very hard to see).

Old July 15th, 2009, 2:05 PM
CF Junior Member

I say you were very lucky if this is all that happen after hitting a deer.That was a good save.You should be able to fix this very reasonably.I guess buy cap you mean grille.The area around the head light and blinker? That you will have to replace from what the picture shows .The bumper may be repairable where the end meets the center.You have two take them apart straighten the matting surfaces .Do a little bit at at time and check fit as your doing it.The trim on the bumper is replaceable.
Old July 15th, 2009, 9:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

From the looks of it, the bumper will need to be replaced and the frame straightened as well.
Old July 16th, 2009, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, I am going to replace the bumper also, as the clips holding that end cap have been broken.

Evansblue, what are you able to see that may warrant the frame to be straightened? Are you referring to the frame for the bumper/grill? I don't know much about this stuff so I want to have as much info as I can.

Thanks
JJ

Also, the headlight pan(?) That the bracket screws into, to hold the HL and has the adjusting screws. I need this part also, what the heck is that called? I can't for the life of me figure that piece out?

Last edited by jjhearn; July 16th, 2009 at 7:10 PM.
Old July 17th, 2009, 1:05 AM
CF Junior Member

That would be the head light bucket.
Old July 17th, 2009, 4:03 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

might not need the whole frame straitened, but its probably gonna need a repair localized to the impact.
Old July 21st, 2009, 1:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Is the bumper pushed back on that side or is it pushed to the side.Same with the grille and the head light .Look at both sides maybe take a tape measure to check the distances to see if there's a lot.Measure exact same points side to side.The only thing I see in the picture of question is the head light bucket area that you may have to adjust.Take the grille off it start with the good side work your way to the bad.Now you should be able to see the head light and buckets well and now you should know and see how the blinker should be.Use the good side to aid you repairing the bad.