S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

91 Blazer S10 headlight/dimmer switch problem, help plz

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2011, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Blazer S10 headlight/dimmer switch problem, help plz

I recently just started doing much needed work to my old 91 blazer starting with the headlights.
At first no headlights were working (fog lights at the bottom worked though) except the passenger bright light, no dims what so ever. I purchased some silverstar performance (hd, or hid, wtv) headlights to fix this issue (was told by the salesman that they were the best that would fit in he blazer.

This morning i installed them (not that bright though, barely better than my last, which sucked)
I turned on the brights and they both work now as opposed to only one, but still no dims. (i checked they pale greyish yellow wire thats wired for my dim lights, no corrosion or damage i see.)

Fuses are fine (from what ive read, if it was a bad fuse id have all or nothing, not brights but not dims) headlights are new, wires are fine (i think) so the only other thing I've been told it could be is the Dimmer switch.

So my question is, is the dimmer switch what sounds to be the problem? Or something i've missed completely? and secondly i believe the dimmer switch is the dial i turn to dim the dash lights , if so its dimming them from completely off, to regular strength, just fine (but no change to my headlights) im confused as to if I will ever get these lights to function properly so im not having to drive with brights all the time on. Any help?
Old November 24th, 2011, 8:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The "dimmer switch" in this context is the switch that toggles between the high beam and low beam headlight. It's usually part of the turn signal multifunction switch assembly.