Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 Vibration when braking goes away in neutral

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2012, 11:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Vibration when braking goes away in neutral

I'm new to the forum and hoping to get some help. I have a 2wd 2007 NBS 1500. The truck cab has a shimmy or vibrations when braking. At first I thought it was just the rotors. The weird thing is, if I put the truck in neutral before braking, the vibration goes away. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
-James
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by metaljames88
I'm new to the forum and hoping to get some help. I have a 2wd 2007 NBS 1500. The truck cab has a shimmy or vibrations when braking. At first I thought it was just the rotors. The weird thing is, if I put the truck in neutral before braking, the vibration goes away. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
-James
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I encourage you to contact a certified technician for additional assistance. The will be able to offer more information after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 22nd, 2012, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

I guess I should add that I'm not really in position to pay for a tech to fix/diagnose this issue. I'm moderately comfortable working on cars, I'm just hoping for some guidance from people that may have experienced similar issues before I attempt of start fixing it. I get that 9/10 people would probably just take it to the dealer, but I'm a cheap s.o.b. Any other thoughts? Also, the truck has 77k miles on it. I just bought it, despite it's issues with vibration because overall it seemed to be a pretty well kept truck.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

It turns out it's probably the same thing others have complained about regarding some silverados having a rough transition from V4 to V8. When my truck gets up to v4 mode, and then I slow down, the the v8 kicks in and is particularly rough, as if I'm driving on a gravel road. I think I'm going to look into the diablo tuner and try to turn active fuel managment off. I'm kind of dissapointed, because I originally wanted this truck because of the afm feature.