Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 chev silverado

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2014, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 chev silverado

Metalic noise frm 1st to 2nd when trans shifts..when coming to stop. Loud metalic clunk when trans shifts to first..loud clunking noise shifting ftm 1st to reverse and back...
Old October 1st, 2014, 10:17 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi hufyman,

We're sorry to hear of the noise that you have been experiencing in your Silverado. Please let us know if extra help is needed with this matter. We can certainly contact your dealership on your behalf and discuss your concern further with them. Feel free to send us a private message with more information if we're needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 21st, 2014, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2012 LTZ 4x4 has been diagnosed with the "CLUNK" by two dealership service department. My vehicle's "CLUNK" is best described as "JOLT AND SLAM" and it's occurring at highway speeds in heavy traffic, as well as slow neighborhood driving speed.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:45 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mb.gov
My 2012 LTZ 4x4 has been diagnosed with the "CLUNK" by two dealership service department. My vehicle's "CLUNK" is best described as "JOLT AND SLAM" and it's occurring at highway speeds in heavy traffic, as well as slow neighborhood driving speed.
Hey mb.gov,

Has either dealership identified what needs to be repaired to correct the clunk? We can imagine how this must be frustrating. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist during this time. We're just a private message away.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 22nd, 2014, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2014 chevy will shift into neutral when stop at the stop sign or if your in traffic. It help saves gas mileage as they say.... Mine also clunks. the dealership says it is normal..
Old October 23rd, 2014, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reply to Amber N

Good evening. I am unsure how to do a private message. Please explain how and I will do so a.s.a.p.

To answer the question, "Has either dealership identified what needs to be repaired to correct the clunk? " Unfortunately, the answer is NO. After five visits to very well-qualified service shops in Austin, TX, "there is nothing that can be done to correct it."

Amber, if you could connect me to a GM/Chevrolet engineer or expert service person that can provide any insight to a corrective repair, I will forever be grateful. The 2012 body style is by far the most attractive I've had. My truck is cosmetically all I want in a vehicle. Mechanically, the truck has a drivetrain defect. Honestly, it's incomprehensible that the fine engineers and GM/Chevrolet haven't a correction or repair.

Please help.