Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 LTZ Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2014, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 LTZ Mirrors

I bought a 2014 LT Silverado. They put tow mirrors on for me and upgraded them to the LTZ models. But, the blinkers won't work. I have been told that they can be reprogramed to operate the blinkers in the mirrors. Anyone know for sure?
Old March 9th, 2014, 9:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Would like to add to your question: I recently purchased a new 2014 LTZ ZL1 Silverado and I'm wondering that even though is has auto retracting mirrors, I was told they have to be folded by hitting the interior button before you leave the vehicle, is it safe to manually push them to the folded position in a jam?

Thank you
Old March 9th, 2014, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mad max
Would like to add to your question: I recently purchased a new 2014 LTZ ZL1 Silverado and I'm wondering that even though is has auto retracting mirrors, I was told they have to be folded by hitting the interior button before you leave the vehicle, is it safe to manually push them to the folded position in a jam?

Thank you
First of all, nice screen name . Secondly, you should be able to enable the auto mirror setting with you lock unlock. Press and hold lock and they will fold in, hold unlock and they will unfold. They are servo driven, so to answer your question, yes you could push them in (slowly!) In a jam. Might cause a little funk the next time you auto unfold, as the servo would think it's open first, but that should reset.
Old March 10th, 2014, 7:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by mad_max07
First of all, nice screen name . Secondly, you should be able to enable the auto mirror setting with you lock unlock. Press and hold lock and they will fold in, hold unlock and they will unfold. They are servo driven, so to answer your question, yes you could push them in (slowly!) In a jam. Might cause a little funk the next time you auto unfold, as the servo would think it's open first, but that should reset.
Great thanks.

BTW I'm on lots of other car truck forums also. In one case someone else had already taken MY name! So I had to use "The Mad Max". ;-)
Old March 11th, 2014, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

Anyone?