Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: 2014 Crew Cab rear head restaint height a problem?
Not concerned about it
0%
Didn't realize it
0%
Concerned for safety & want it corrected
100.00%
Real men don't care about passengers
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

2014 Silverado Crew Cab - Rear head rest

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2014, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2014 Silverado Crew Cab - Rear head rest

I've got about 1,000 miles on my new truck. Going good so far. Really like the truck with one exception. I've been trying to get Chevy to committ to making a change to the rear head restraint travel. After all, a crew cab is supposed to be able to safely haul adults. Isn't it marketed that way too? My 2005 Sierra's rear head restraints went up higher, so your head wouldn't hit the glass in a rear end impact. Didn't check this out on the new one before I bought it. Took it for granted. Nasty surprise. Ram & F150 have full sized restaints that block your view, but you're not going to get your skull cracked or a spine injury. Somebody or team chose to save a couple of bucks and put customers at risk. It's a Crew Cab. Not some small cramped seat made for kids or child seats.

Anyone else realize this, think it's important and want to help me champion a change to get rid of this safety issue?
Old March 17th, 2014, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffMN2014Silverado
I've got about 1,000 miles on my new truck. Going good so far. Really like the truck with one exception. I've been trying to get Chevy to committ to making a change to the rear head restraint travel. After all, a crew cab is supposed to be able to safely haul adults. Isn't it marketed that way too? My 2005 Sierra's rear head restraints went up higher, so your head wouldn't hit the glass in a rear end impact. Didn't check this out on the new one before I bought it. Took it for granted. Nasty surprise. Ram & F150 have full sized restaints that block your view, but you're not going to get your skull cracked or a spine injury. Somebody or team chose to save a couple of bucks and put customers at risk. It's a Crew Cab. Not some small cramped seat made for kids or child seats.

Anyone else realize this, think it's important and want to help me champion a change to get rid of this safety issue?
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. The sales guys look at me like I'm some over protective crazy woman. Really I'm a public health nurse and I always consider this issue when buying a vehicle. Dodge and ford are with us, but we want a chev! What did you end up doing? Can you buy full size headrests?