Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

96 2wd 5.7 p1345 refuses to go away

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2012, 11:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 96 2wd 5.7 p1345 refuses to go away

Long story short, bought a truck with issues. One code was p1345. tried a tune up, no dice, GM tech buddy said timing is off,it always wanted to come up 27 deg off while using a genesis to look at the cam retard. The closer you get to the 0 deg mark, the more it backfired and tried to die. After probly 20 times in and out with the dist trying to hop a tooth this way or that, i sent it to the dealer. There response after spending 2 days doing the same thing i did, was some sort of mechanical failure inside the engine, they didnt know what for sure. SO, changed entire engine and with new timing set, crank sensor, different distributor, knock sensor, all the gaskets, timing cover yadda yadda. Code still there. I wanted to torch the truck. Everything under the hood is different than when i bought it with the exception of the harness and ecm. Has anyone ever heard or seen of a computor causing this? I really appreciate any help
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

did you ever fix this?
i was thinking the dist gear may be going..
Old September 21st, 2012, 4:03 PM
CF Beginner

No, it did not fix it. Everything in the truck was new or different, except the harness, but I checked it pin for pin at the ecm and then at various sensors. We even went as far as to cut the tach wire behind the cluster to eliminate any issues of backfeeding. It stumped me, and the techs at the Chevy dealership. I finally got fed up with it and sold the thing.