Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clock resets to zero, iffy start

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2012, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clock resets to zero, iffy start

I just had the power steering fluid resrvoir replaced on my 2005 Silverado and now every time I start it up, the clock resets to zero, and it almost didn't start a few times. Kind of a clicking sound, but not really like a dead battery. Wonder if they disconnected the battery in recent work done and could be loose??? Also read it could be a fuse, or a bad ground? Thanks!
Old October 9th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> intrepid,

It sounds like it may be related to the battery. I recommend having them look at it again, if it worked before, it may be related to the repair work performed.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a loose battery end had the same issues in a grand Cherokee, I replaced the ends and it solved the issues but like Louis said they should fix it if the had to take it apart the do it