Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dealer bait and switch with CPO?

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2014, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer bait and switch with CPO?

Looking for some help with a problem.

I bought what I thought to be a 2012 Certified Pre-owned Silverado and after taking it in for regular mtnce, I am being told it isn't CPO. I have email chains with the salesman stating it was CPO and I remember discussing with the finance guy the fact that it was CPO, but b/c the bill of sale doesn't say CPO....I am out of luck.

Does anyone know if there is a way to pull a VIN and whether or not that vehicle was GM Certified?

Do I have any recourse here?
Old August 13th, 2014, 9:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntDraht
Looking for some help with a problem.

I bought what I thought to be a 2012 Certified Pre-owned Silverado and after taking it in for regular mtnce, I am being told it isn't CPO. I have email chains with the salesman stating it was CPO and I remember discussing with the finance guy the fact that it was CPO, but b/c the bill of sale doesn't say CPO....I am out of luck.

Does anyone know if there is a way to pull a VIN and whether or not that vehicle was GM Certified?

Do I have any recourse here?
Hey there!

We will be happy to look into this for you! Please send us a private message with your VIN and we will look into the title of your vehicle! Hoping to hear from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fraudulent CPO car

I also have a question about GM CPO cars. I bought a 2012 Corvette GS Convertible in Myrtle Beach SC. It had a CPO sticker with Car Fax info on it showing clean (no accidents, 1 owner, no structural damage) I still have this paperwork. I went to sell it a couple days ago, and it shows prior structural damage on the Car Fax. It was reported 6 months before I bought the car. Basically, the dealer gave me fraudulent paperwork to get the deal done. Now they are saying the report of damage wasn't on the car fax when they sold me the car. I spoke to a GM customer service agent, and they said they would not certify a car that has had damage. It sounds like this dealer never did the CPO inspection and falsified info to GM to get the car certified. Anyway, I want my money back. I also traded a 2013 corvette that was paid for, and lost money on that trade. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I need this resolved quick. The dealer is giving me the run around, and GM is waiting to speak to the dealer.