TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2005 TB Engine light and the dreaded dealer

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Myk
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 TB Engine light and the dreaded dealer

Hey all-
Did a search of the forum for "engine light". Found out AutoZone will provide error codes for free. That's good.

I have an 05 TB with 41K+ miles on it. My engine light has been on for about 2 weeks and it's not a loose gas cap. My gas mileage has not changed and I fear if I bring it to the dealer they will just reset it, claim to have done something and charge me 2 hours labor. They want to charge me an hour labor just to see what the error code is. If I let AutoZone do it I save the first hour labor and can make an appointment w/ the dealer to replace what is needed with out the initial diagnosis. Does anyone have any advice regarding engine light issues and dealer diagnosis? It's such an erroneous, undefined issue that they can tell you what ever they want. Please advise if anyone has a rip-off proof method of dealing with engine lights. Thanks in advance.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Myk
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 TB Engine light and the dreaded dealer

UPDATE- So I go to AutoZone last night and they can't get a reading from my port. They claim that the port under my dash must be bad. They say the reader receives power from the port and it's not receiving any poewer. The dispaly is blank.

1. Can this be the cause of my engine light?
2. Has anyone been down this road?
Old April 3rd, 2007, 8:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2005 TB Engine light and the dreaded dealer

from what Ive read, the port receives its power from the same circuit that powers some of the power outlets. I cant remember if some or all.
so check your power outlets, both under AC, the one in front of the rear seats and the one way in the back.
If theyre not working- then you blew a fuse. replace fuse- and power will return to your port.