TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

'04 TB 30k checkup

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2007, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 TB 30k checkup

I get my oil changed at the dealer. This last time I was being pushed into getting a 30k mile inspection. I said I'd think about it. I'm only at 33k miles. The cost of the check up is close to $600. I was told that my warranty may be void if I didn't get this done. Is this true? I didn't get a check up on my Cavalier until 100k miles and she has never had a problem. I still have her and she's at 130k+ miles. I know that the TB is a totally different vehicle, but I'm hoping that I'll have the same luck with her without having to spend $600. The inspection includes an oil change, fuel filter change, tire balance/rotation, and an inspection of lots of things. Any advice?
Old March 25th, 2007, 5:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: '04 TB 30k checkup

First of all, it's my understanding that for a companysay that you must have scheduled maintenance performed, at your expense, by the dealer or your warranty is voidis called a "tie-in sales provision" and is specifically prohibited by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Check out this site of the Federal Trade Commission on warranties: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm. There's some really good information on this and other subjects here that allvehicle owners need to know about.

A couple of things you might do -- You were given a written warranty when you bought the vehicle. Read it. Also, look in your owners manual and find the number for the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. Calland ask what you should expect to payfor the 30k checkup. GM most likely has a charge they recommend to their dealerships. Also,find some dealerships in other cities and call and see what they charge. I'll bet the charge is all over the place at different dealerships. Spend a couple of hours getting armed with information before you next talk with the dealership.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 8:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: '04 TB 30k checkup

look in the manual- 30K service interval is prob in there.
look at whats done. most of those things you can do yourself- like oil changes. if you have the TB with the fuel filter underthe car- its an easy job to change (the newer TB have the filter in the tank).
once you do the easy stuff yourself- then you can take her in to get the item you cant do yourself.... drive in and say I need this and this done...
no need to pay for stuff you dont need.
and stuff like engine coolant flush at 30K etc that many push... NO. Dexcool is 150K fluid...
inspection of lots of things.... you can inspect too. call and ask, see exactly what it is they inspect... then inspect it yourself. and what you dont know- come on here of trailvoy.com and ask there