Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Disable Auto Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2010, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable Auto Door Locks

I had my 2010 in to the Dealer for its first service this past week. I asked the service tech. if they could disable my auto door locks because I don't like them always locking and unlocking my doors. The service tech told me that he can order a program code from GM that would allow me to control when or if I want the doors locked but the program would cost me $50.00. He advised me to wait a while, he thinks the program code would be free at a later date. Oh well, I'll give it until the next required service and see if I want to wait or just blow the $50. and get it done.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Baydog
I had my 2010 in to the Dealer for its first service this past week. I asked the service tech. if they could disable my auto door locks because I don't like them always locking and unlocking my doors. The service tech told me that he can order a program code from GM that would allow me to control when or if I want the doors locked but the program would cost me $50.00. He advised me to wait a while, he thinks the program code would be free at a later date. Oh well, I'll give it until the next required service and see if I want to wait or just blow the $50. and get it done.
Thank you so much. How do you order it, from the service tech? I don't know why anyone would spend money on a truck that continually pisses them off with something as stupid as a door lock, especially running around the farm and these damn doors are locked every time someone goes to get out
Old July 22nd, 2011, 7:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the fuse block/relay center section of the owners manual. If the auto lock system has its own circuit, jerk the fuse/relay and see what happens.
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:18 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tyger
Check the fuse block/relay center section of the owners manual. If the auto lock system has its own circuit, jerk the fuse/relay and see what happens.
Was going to try that but assumed the keyless door lock would not work if I did. Was going to take it in anyway, so hopefully get it done there